Because the solution to poverty is rooted in relationships, our greatest need is PEOPLE. We need an army of people who are committed to loving their neighbor. There are a number ways that you can do this, but the following roles are needed:
- Volunteer in our warehouse sorting donations
- Be an Ambassador – the first and last face a client sees
- Be a Coach – meet 1-on-1 with client helping them develop “Next Steps”
What if I’m not available during the day, how can I help out then?
Well, we’re glad you asked. One simple way is to become a Mentor. Our goal is to connect those in need to Mentors (i.e. Bridge Builders) who serve our clients with support, care, and the love of God. Because each person’s needs are different and the issues are complex, there isn’t a cookie-cutter way to address this. Thus, we are needing men and women who are flexilbe, patient, and compassionate with a heart to minister to both the spiritual and physical needs of individuals and families.
At the end of the day, we need people to….
- Share their story (Testimony)
- Share the Gospel (Evangelism)
- Share their Life (Discipleship)